1. What is VitalSource®?
VitalSource® is the preferred and most used e-textbook platform in higher education today, and the VitalSource Bookshelf® is the most advanced eBook software in the world. With VitalSource®, you get three-way access to your books: download, online, and mobile. Notes and highlights automatically stay in sync no matter where you take them (mobile requires online synch). In the library, at the computer lab, or even in a clinical setting, you can access your books when you need them—whether you brought your laptop or not.
2. What products are available as eBooks?
SchweserNotes™ (Levels I and II), Schweser’s Secret Sauce®, and Schweser’s QuickSheet are available as VitalSource® eBooks. The eBook provides access to your study materials in a digital format for use on a personal computer, Apple® mobile device (including iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®), Android™ mobile device, and the Kindle Fire.
3. How many devices will I be able to use my eBooks on?
When you purchase the eBook versions of SchweserNotes™, Secret Sauce®, or QuickSheet, you will get access to view them online. You can also access and download them on up to two personal computers and up to two mobile devices.
4. What are the features of the VitalSource® eBooks?
Features of the SchweserNotes™ eBooks, Schweser's Secret Sauce® eBook, and QuickSheet eBook include:
- Electronic notes and highlighting: When you make notes and highlight sections, the changes are stored on the VitalSource® server, meaning they will be available if you access the eBook from another computer or device. Additionally, notes and highlights can be automatically synchronized between the web version of your products and your downloaded version (this requires that the computer containing your downloaded file be online). You can also share your notes and highlighted content.
- Ability to export notes: You can copy/paste curriculum text and export your notes to a text file.
- Advanced search function: You can search either a single volume of the SchweserNotes™ or every volume of the SchweserNotes™ for your exam level.
- Flexible print options: You can print up to two pages at a time.
5. How do I access eBook products on my desktop or laptop computer?
When you purchase an eBook product, you will receive an email with installation instructions and a unique registration code to activate your eBook. With a compatible browser, you will be able to access your eBooks via the Internet at online.vitalsource.com or from a file you directly download.
Bookshelf Online Browser Support Policy
Download the VitalSource Bookshelf
6. How do I access eBook products on my mobile device?
The eBook version provides access to the curriculum in digital format for use on a personal computer, Apple® mobile device (including iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®), Android™ mobile device, and the Kindle Fire, eliminating shipping and customs fees. When you purchase an eBook product, and it is assigned to your account, you will receive installation instructions and a unique registration code to activate your eBook.
7. How long will I have access to my eBook?
You will have online access to your eBooks through VitalSource® until March 31, 2018. You must download your eBooks prior to March 31, 2017. You can continue to access your downloaded materials for an additional year.
8. Are there any limitations to the VitalSource® mobile apps?
Yes, there are some limitations to the mobile apps in comparison to the desktop version. Please see the important notes regarding your eBooks on mobile devices.
- The functionality of the mobile device app is limited in comparison to the personal computer version of the VitalSource Bookshelf® software. For example, notes and highlights are viewable, but users cannot make new notes from the app at this time. The app does, however, have search capabilities.
- The eBooks are not optimized for mobile devices and, therefore, the text on mobile phones is very small. The app has zoom capability, but at the expense of easy navigation.
- Use of the app will not affect your ability to download the eBook onto a personal computer. Students can download their SchweserNotes™, Secret Sauce®, or QuickSheet to a maximum of two compatible mobile devices, in addition to two personal computers. Additionally, candidates can access the online version of the eBook through online.vitalsource.com from any compatible Internet browser.
- The app itself installs very quickly, but individual SchweserNotes™ books may take several minutes to download because of the large file sizes.
- Users can only download their materials when WiFi access is available.
9. Who do I contact if I am having technical difficulties?
For immediate answers to common technical support issues, please review the VitalSource Video Tutorials for the answers to several common questions.
If you require further assistance, visit VitalSource Technical Support or contact the VitalSource Support line. They will connect you with a VitalSource Bookshelf® expert who specializes in your exact question. The U.S.-based support center is open 24/7 to accommodate your schedule.
- In the United States and Canada, please call 1.855.200.4146.
- In the United Kingdom, please call 0808 2340361.
- Submit a Bookshelf Support Request or general Bookshelf Feedback using the VitalSource Support Web Form.
- Live Chat is available in all areas by clicking the Need Help? Chat With Us pop-up at the bottom of the VitalSource Technical Support page.
10. What are the system requirements for eBooks?
- PC: Latest Windows Version 6.9.2, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft.Net 4.5
- DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
- Internet Connection for registration and downloading of eBook
- Mac: Latest Mac Version 6.9, Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Internet Connection for registration and downloading of eBook
- Apple: iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch using iOS 6.0 or greater
- Android: Android 2.2–4.4
- Kindle Fire: Kindle Fire 1, 2, HD, or HDX model
11. What if I am not seeing my full list of books I currently have access to in my online VitalSource Bookshelf®?
Try clicking Update Book List in the My Account section. If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact VitalSource Technical Support (refer to resources listed in Question 9).
Please Note: All VitalSource® eBook orders are final and non-refundable.