1. Where do I register to take the CFA® exam?
Please contact CFA Institute for registration information.
2. What products do you have?
We offer both instructional and self-study packages tailored for your personal needs and budget. Self-study packages include our incomparable SchweserNotes™ and practice exams; instructional packages contain those study tools plus our renowned live (in select locations) or online expert instruction. Additional instruction and tools like Review Workshops, Flashcards, and Mock Exams give you the confidence you need to pass the grueling CFA® exam.
3. Why can't I reuse last year's Schweser materials?
Every summer, CFA Institute announces its new curriculum. CFA Institute adds new readings, drops old readings, and alters many of the learning outcomes associated with old readings. This requires a complete rewrite of the previous year's Schweser materials. Kaplan Schweser also writes new sample exams to reflect the changes in the study guide. Because of these changes, previous editions of the Kaplan Schweser materials are not the best source of study materials. LOS revisions and additions, new readings, and the elimination of readings make relying exclusively on past year's products for the current year's exam problematic.
4. Can I purchase the updates individually?
No. Kaplan Schweser rewrites all materials each year to reflect any curriculum changes.
5. In which currency are the product prices listed?
All prices on the website are listed in US dollars.
6. Can I return the study materials if I’m not satisfied with them?
Please click here to view our return policy
7. What is included in the Schweser Flashcards?
The Schweser Flashcards contain the main points of the readings, along with learning outcomes, and have been designed for use as a quick review as well as a reference source. They are an excellent way for a candidate to focus on the main points covered by a Learning Outcome Statement. Candidates may choose to use the Flashcards to overview a topic prior to more in-depth study or as a follow-up to check comprehension after a more in-depth study session.
8. What is the difference between the Online Weekly Class and the On-Demand Video Lectures?
Schweser's live online classes give you access to our expert instructors – all CFA charterholders who know what it takes to succeed. Online classes are presented live and archived so you can review them anytime, anywhere.
Our On-Demand Video Lectures cover all the topical areas of the curriculum, provide the benefits of a review course, and are an excellent solution to understanding those difficult concepts. The video lectures can be used as often as your schedule allows; start, stop, rewind, and emphasize specific areas by viewing them in any order you want. With the On-Demand Video Lectures, you will simultaneously be able to:
- Watch the video presentation with accompanying PowerPoint® slides.
- Pause the presentation at any time to review the LOS explanation that corresponds with the presentation.
9. How do I access my online tools?
- Visit www.schweser.com and select the green Log In button on the top bar
- Log in
- Hover your cursor over your designation in the top bar and click your current study level from the dropdown box. Once the correct level is selected, your online tools will be available.
10. How long will I have access to the audio MP3s?
Students will have access to the online download links through the end of their exam month. Once downloaded, MP3s will remain on the device they are saved to until the user decides to remove them.
11. I can't find my Study Calendar.
Login to www.schweser.com using your username and password and click on the correct CFA level on the Welcome screen. This will take you to your dashboard. On the dashboard, click the Schweser Study Calendar icon.
12. Where are the Instructor-Led Office Hours?
Log in to www.schweser.com using your username and password and click on the correct CFA level on the Welcome screen. This will take you to your dashboard. On the dashboard click the InstructorLink icon. Click the Attend Office Hours tab. (Please note: Instructor-Led Office Hours are only available for June 2017 qualifying package orders.)
13. What time will the Instructor-Led Office Hours be shown in my country?
You can convert Eastern Time (United States) to your local time by following the directions below.
- Open the New York, United States Time Converter Calculator
- Enter the date and time of the chat room discussion
- Click Submit
- Choose your location from the drop-down selection box
(Please note: Instructor-Led Office Hours is only available for June 2017 qualifying package orders.
14. I am receiving the "Could not create PDF Window" error.
Multiple versions of the Adobe Reader software may exist on the computer in use. As a result, the older version of Adobe Reader will automatically load when opening a PDF document. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader. To verify that the computer in use is loading the most current Adobe Reader software, right-click on Start > Explore > Tools > Folder Options. Select the File Types Tab and verify that the PDF extension opens with the most current version of Adobe Acrobat. If you are still experiencing errors, please uninstall and re-install the Adobe Reader software. Re-starting the computer may also be required.
15. Are updates for SchweserPro™ QBank posted somewhere?
Any errors found in SchweserPro™ QBank are updated immediately. You are always seeing the most updated version of SchweserPro™ QBank.
16. Can I receive CPE credits for attending a Kaplan Schweser CFA live class or review workshop?
We cannot offer CPE credits on CFA classes/workshops because we cannot comply with NASBA monitoring requirements in a cost effective way.
17. Can the Early Season Discount be combined with any other offer or promotion?
The Early Season Discount (typically 10% off our Premium Instruction and PremiumPlus™ Packages) usually offered in August cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Discounts are subject to change without notice.