1. How do I prepare for the FRM® Exam?
According to the GARP® website, "GARP does not offer FRM preparation courses as the Association considers this to be a conflict of interest." They even state that "Alone, the FRM Handbook is not sufficient to prepare a candidate to pass the examination." Clearly, it would be to your advantage to use an exam prep provider...and we believe Kaplan Schweser is your best solution.
2. What products do you offer for FRM® Exam preparation?
Kaplan Schweser offers a selection of products designed to fully prepare the candidate for each part of the FRM Exam, including:
- Live Online Weekly Class
- Practice Exams
- SchweserPro™ QBank
- Schweser's QuickSheet
- Ask Your Instructor
- Instructor-Led Office Hours
- Candidate Resource Library
- Schweser Study Calendar
- Online Review Workshop Package which includes:
- Online Review Workshop (8-hour online review session)
- Schweser's Secret Sauce®
- Schweser Mock Exam
Combinations of these products are offered in efficient study packages.
3. In which currency are the product prices listed?
All prices on the website are listed in US dollars.
4. Why can't I reuse last year's study materials?
Each season, GARP® revises the FRM curriculum to ensure that it is timely and relevant. In turn, Kaplan Schweser‘s expert faculty updates our study materials to incorporate these changes while structuring them to make certain candidates are utilizing the most current prep materials for the FRM Exam.
Due to revisions and additions to the Applied Instructional Materials Statements (AIMS) and changes in the required reading list, relying exclusively on previous study materials for the current exam year is not recommended. We suggest that candidates use past materials only as an interim study aid until they purchase/receive the current year materials.
5. Can I buy just the updates?
No; we rewrite all of our materials each year as a whole to reflect any curriculum changes, which can be extensive.
6. What time will the Instructor-Led Office Hours be shown in my country?
You can convert Eastern Time (United States) to your local time by following the directions below.
- Open the New York, United States Time Converter Calculator »
- Enter the date and time of the chat room discussion
- Click "Submit"
- Choose your location from the drop-down selection box
7. Can I purchase the Online Review Workshop Package separately?
Yes, but the Online Review Workshop Package is specifically designed for late-season review and is not designed to be a substitute for a comprehensive study package. The Online Review Workshop is not available until May or November for that month's exam . Please contact us for more information.
8. What information does Schweser's Secret Sauce® contain?
Schweser's Secret Sauce® contains the critical concepts found within the FRM® readings and has been designed for use as a quick review as well as a reference source. It is a compendium of the Applied Instructional Materials Statements (AIMS) and will help in the retention of the FRM curriculum when it is used in conjunction with the SchweserNotes™. This late-season product is excellent for those candidates trying to absorb as much material as possible prior to the examination.
9. Can I return the products?
Please review our return policies.
10. Will the Live Online Weekly Class be archived?
All of the online classes are recorded and archived so you can view them at anytime given that you have access to an Internet connection. Previous presentations are not available for download, but you can watch them streaming from our site under "Live Online Weekly Class" by clicking on the archived files. The archives for a given week are usually uploaded a couple of days after the live presentation.
11. How do I access the Instructor-Led Office Hours?
Office hours can be accessed via your Kaplan Schweser online account. The instructor-led sessions will begin in March for May students and September for November students.
12. How do I access the SchweserPro™ QBank?
To access the online question bank, enter your username and password on Kaplan Schweser‘s main webpage or on our FRM webpage. Once you are logged in, select the “SchweserPro™ QBank” icon. From there, you can browse the curriculum and the questions in our database. You can also create tests and quizzes with varying lengths from any part of the curriculum.
13. How should I utilize the Kaplan Schweser material?
Start by creating a study plan with the Schweser Study Calendar and adjust as necessary to ensure you are always on track for exam day. Then begin reading your SchweserNotes™ in order. If at any point you need additional insight, consult the appropriate FRM assigned readings.
14. Where do I go if I have questions?
We offer Instructor-Led Office Hours and Ask Your Instructor with some of our products. Office Hour sessions will begin in March for May students and September for November students and will be held once a week until the exam.
15. How do I report an error in the Kaplan Schweser materials?
To report potential errors, please log into your online account, and click on the "InstructorLink" icon on the dashboard. Once you are in the InstructorLink section, click on the "Report an Error" tab and complete the errata submission form. We respond to all errata submissions that identify actual errors, and we generally respond to other inquires as well.
16. I have purchased the Live Online Weekly Class. How do I send the instructor an email during non-class time?
To email the instructor, log in to your online access account on www.schweser.com. Once logged in, select the “InstructorLink” icon. Any comments sent via this link will be sent directly to the instructor.