Body of Knowledge
With the Level II topics, you will learn how to apply the tools learned in Level I to analyze and invest in alternative investments. The Level II curriculum includes: ethics, regulations, ESG, methods for alternative investing, models, accessing alternative investments, institutional asset owners and investment policies, due diligence and selecting managers, risk and risk management, and volatility and complex strategies.
Master these concepts with a comprehensive Level II study package:
View Level II Packages »
CAIA® Exam Format
The Level II CAIA exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and three sets of constructed-response (essay-type) questions, which measure candidates’ knowledge of the CAIA Level II curriculum. Candidates are given 2 hours to complete the multiple-choice question section and 2 hours to complete the constructed-response section. Based on candidate surveys performed by CAIA Association, more than 200 hours of study are recommended to prepare. To best manage your study plan, it’s essential to know what is on the curriculum and how the topics are weighted.
Find a Test Center Near You »
2021 Registration and CAIA® Exam Dates
Final deadline exam registrations:
- Registration Opens - October 5, 2020
- Early Registration Deadline - November 16, 2020
- Registration Closes - February 8, 2021
Register for the CAIA Exam »
Requirements to Earn the CAIA® Charter
- Pass Level I and Level II of the CAIA exam.
- Exams must be taken in separate exam cycles
- Exam cycles occur in March and September
- Meet one of the two requirements below:
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with a minimum of one year of professional experience
- Have a minimum of four years of professional experience
- Professional experience is defined as full-time employment in a professional capacity with the regulatory, banking, financial, or related fields
- Agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the CAIA Association® Member Agreement.
- Agreement renewal is required on an annual basis
- Provide two professional references.
- Establish and maintain membership in CAIA Association.
- Membership fees apply; renewed on an annual or bi-annual basis
- One-year membership $350; two-year membership $700
Give yourself the best chance the pass your CAIA Exam with Level II Study Packages.
View Level II Packages»