What Is Financial Modeling?
Financial modeling is the utilization of data organization programs—such as Microsoft Excel—to create a tool that forecasts the financial performance of an organization, enabling better decision making. Possession of this critical skill equips professionals in finance with the tools to:
- Forecast and plan a business
- Value a business or company
- Decide on funding strategies
- Analyze mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate development opportunities
- Analyze investments such as stocks and bonds
- Understand the drivers of a business
Why Should You Understand Financial Modeling?
To be successful as a financial professional, you need to understand basic financial modeling in Excel. And if you’re looking to thrive in a career in institutional investment management, learning this skill will help you make smarter investment decisions in an efficient manner.
Completing this course will contribute to you becoming more proficient at financial analysis. The discipline to create strong financial models is a critical skill that can enhance your career and give you a distinct competitive advantage.
What Makes Schweser’s Financial Modeling Course Different?
Kaplan Schweser has partnered with The Marquee Group, an industry leader in financial modeling training. This partnership allows you to experience a combination of Kaplan’s proven learning science with The Marquee Group’s technical expertise. Together, we’ve developed an engaging online course that includes:
- 15+ hours of high-quality content
- A dynamic Activity Feed to track your progress to completion
- OnDemand course format that enables you to learn at times that don’t interfere with the responsibilities of your daily life
- 180 days of access
Plus, this course helps prepare candidates to pass exams for highly sought-after financial modeling credentials, such as the Advanced Financial Modeler exam offered by the Financial Modeling Institute. Get one step closer to bolstering your credentials and set yourself up for success on the exam by beginning with this comprehensive online course.