Level I Online Mock Exams
Online Mock Exams
Practice taking the computer-based test before exam day with the Online Schweser Mock Exam. These realistic exams simulate the interface, format, difficulty, and length of the actual CFA exam—helping you develop your test-taking skills, identify your weak areas, and demonstrate your mastery of the CFA Program curriculum. Afterward, view answer explanations, check your score compared to those of other candidates, and drill deeper into each question with our Mock Exam Tutorial. Each full-length mock exam uses a unique set of questions that replicate the difficulty for Level I of the CFA exam.
Mock Exam Details
The Online Schweser Mock Exam features:
- Three modes:
- Exam Sim: Take the exam using the actual interface you’ll encounter on the computer-based CFA exam.
- Online: Take the exam using the standard Kaplan Schweser online interface.
- Print: Take the exam on paper and enter your answer choices in an online answer form.
- CFA Institute's time limits of 4 hours 30 minutes (each exam consists of two sessions of 2 hours 15 minutes)
- CFA Institute's topic weightings and exam format
- Online answer explanations
- Online scoring and performance tracking by topic area with a comparison to other candidates
- Answer explanations that include LOS references for every question
- Exam Tutorial
- Available for Mock Exams 5 & 6 only
- Detailed video explanations of how to arrive at each of the answers
Mock Exam Options:
- Mock Exams 1-4: Four unique sets of questions with three attempts per exam
- Mock Exams 1-6: Six unique sets of questions with three attempts per exam. Mock exams 5 & 6 include the exam tutorial
- Mock Exams 5 & 6: Two unique sets of questions with three attempts per exam. Mock exams 5 & 6 include the exam tutorial
Note: The system allows three attempts per mock exam. You cannot switch exam modes after beginning an exam.
Exam Sim Details
Exam Sim allows you to take the computer-based mock exam in the interface used on exam day.
Exam sim uses the same time limits and built-in breaks that CFA Institute uses on the exam; however, you do not need to follow these constraints. These serve as a guideline to you in order to replicate the exam as closely as possible. When the timer hits zero, you can continue completing the mock exam without a time constraint.
Answer, skip, flag, and filter questions exactly like the actual exam. This type of practice helps improve efficiency in completing the exam under the time constraints set on exam day. You must answer all questions on the mock exam in order to complete each section. Once you complete both sections of the mock exam, view the detailed results report using our Exam Tutorial.
Watch the video below for a detailed demonstration of the new Exam Sim functionality.
Online Mock Exam Instructions
The Online Schweser Mock Exam is accessed through your Online Access Account and available through exam day. The Online Schweser Mock Exam Instructions PDF will be added to your account and provides important information on how to access your exam and what to do after you take the exam.
Learn More About Schweser’s Online CFA® Mock Exams
Level I Mock Exam FAQs
Beginning with classes and workshops for the 2023 exams, Kaplan will be using Zoom for live online events. Click here for instructions on how to create and set up your Zoom account.
To optimize your classroom experience with Zoom, we recommend you visit the Zoom Download Center and install the Zoom client. We encourage you to also run a system check prior to your first session to ensure the best possible live online classroom experience.
Access to 2022 online materials expires on the following dates:
- May 2022 exam products: access expires on June 30, 2022
- August 2022 exam products: access expires on September 30, 2022
- November 2022 exam products: access expires on December 31, 2022
Access to 2023 online materials expires on the following dates:
- February 2023 exam products: access expires on March 31, 2023
- May 2023 exam products: access expires on June 30, 2023
- August 2023 exam products: access expires on September 30, 2023
- November 2023 exam products: access expires on December 31, 2023